DETERMINE ESTATE PLANNING GOALS
With a clear picture of your current situation, it’s now time to think about your goals and objectives for the future, which may include one or more of the following:
1. Provide for the cash and income needs of your family in the event of your death.
2. Establish an education fund to pay for your children’s college education.
3. Plan for a financially secure retirement.
4. Provide funds in the event you are sick or hurt and cannot work.
5. Plan for the special needs of a disabled child or other family member.
6. Establish a plan for the orderly disposition of a business interest in the event of your disability or death.
7. Implement a program of lifetime giving to family members.
8. Make meaningful contributions to a favorite charity.